Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Clark Foam RIP: Solutions

Lets go back to poly’s and find out who might be the top four blank suppliers in this area. I questioned four professional every day shapers, not a wanna be in the bunch. Rusty, Rick Hammond, Hoy Runnels and Mike Russo. What I found out shocked me. The first credible blank co. that tried to save the day was Walker Foam, they had been around for as long as Clark and may have even been partners for a time. Anyhow after attempting
the impossible, Walker Foam suffered some quality lapses and dropped the ball a bit. It was a noble mission on their part but they ended up going under, from what I heard.
Just Foam, was a fairly new upstart foam co. at that time. I think they bit off more than what was chewable and didn't make my list.
Back to my panel of shapers who made it very clear that from a shapers stand point the new foam produced by Ice 9 and King Mac has proved to be superior to
the old Clark Foam.
Ice 9, high performance qualities= lightness and best compression strength. It’s creamy coloring may be its only downfall if any. I recommend this pick for your short board needs.
King Mac, excellent service, coloring and shape ability. Not completely perfect but try it I think you’ll like it. Mikey does.
U.S. Blanks, is my third pick they seem to have some know how and money behind them. Some of us get the feeling that Clark is only a phone call away. Selection and good service would be their attributes. Lower compression strengths may be the only reason for my number three rating.
Blair Foam, is my panels final forth pick. Personally I don’t know much about this foam, but my prestigious panel sticks by the Blair Foam Projects high rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment